Sabado 10 – Lunes 19 de mayo, 2008
Martes 13 de mayo, 2008 – 15:00 hrs.
Istituto Italiano per Gli Studi Filosofici
Via Monte di Dio 14, 80132 Naples, Italy
Seminario Permanente di Epistemologia, Sezione S. Luigi,
Pontificia Facoltà Teologica Dell’Italia Meridionale
Al di là dell’essenzialismo: Bernard J.F. Lonergan, un neo-scolastico atipico.
Going Beyond Essentialism: Bernard J. F. Lonergan, An Atypical Neo-Scholastic.
The aim of the Workshop is to analyze thoroughly various aspects of the thought of the philosopher, methodologist, theologian, and economics scholar Bernard J. F. Lonergan (1904-1984), from both the theoretical viewpoint and that of its applications to several knowledge fields and to new practical problems proper of present cultural pluralism.
The red texts are the major topics to be developed during the workshop. The underlined texts are links to information in Internet about the expositors and some of their writings.
- Gerardo Marotta The Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici and the Thought of Bernard Lonergan. YouTube.
- Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini (Jerusalem, Israel). Magisterial Lecture: The Value of the Thought of Bernard Lonergan Today. Vatican notes, Bernard Lonergan al servicio de la Iglesia (Trad. A. Bravo).
- Robert Doran (Marquette, USA). The Abiding Significance of the Ethics of Insight, Chapter 18.
- Frederick Lawrence (Boston, USA). Lonergan’s Aufhebung of Integral Hermeneutics.
- Rosanna Finamore (Rome, Italy). Intentionality, Constitutive Dimension of Knowledge in Bernard Lonergan. B. Lonergan E LÉducation.
Miércoles 14 de mayo, 2008 10:00 hrs.
- Patrick Byrne (Boston, USA). Lonergan’s Philosophy of the Natural Sciences and Christian Faith. Economic Transformations: The Role of Conversions and Culture in the Transformation of Economies.
- William Mathews (Dublin, Ireland). Consciousness According to B. Lonergan and its Elusiveness. The Philosophical Importance of Desire and Nature, Discussion.
- Elizabeth Murray (Los Angeles, USA). The Self of Critical Realism, Bernard Lonergan: An Ignatian Thinker.
- Matthew Ogilvie (Dallas, USA). Lonergan’s Theory of Analogy. Who was Bernard Lonergan, Faith Seeking Understanding: The Functional Specialty “Systematics” in Bernard Lonergan’s Method in Theology. Can a Christian be a Darwinian?
- Gerard Whelan (Gregorian). The continuing significance of Bernard Lonergan.
- Giovanni Sala (München, Germany) The Concept of Transcendental in Kant and Lonergan. From Thomas Aquinas to Bernard Lonergan: Continuity and Novelty. The Metaphor of the Judge in the “Critique of Pure Reason.”
- Saturnino Muratore (Naples, Italy) – Bernard Lonergan and the Philosophy of Being.
- Hugo Meynell (Calgary, Canada) – The Flight from Insight. An Introduction to the Philosophy of Bernard Lonergan.
- Cloe Taddei-Ferretti (Naples, Italy) – Intersubjectivity in the Thought of Bernard Lonergan and in Cognitive Science. Simbolo Credo nello Spirito Santo.
Jueves 15 de mayo, 2008
- Ivo Coelho (Nashik, India) – The Notion of Universal Viewpoint in the Thought of B. Lonergan and Its Transcultural Possibilities. Hermeneutics and Method: The “universal Viewpoint” in Bernard Lonergan, Applying Lonergan´s Method, Response.
- Catherine Clifford (Ottawa, Canada) – Lonergan, the Development of Doctrine and the Reception of Ecumenical Consensus. A Dialogue of Conversion, Publications.
- Paulette Kidder, (Seattle, USA) – Lonergan, Freedom, and Foundations of Feminist Thought. Woman of Reason: Lonergan and Feminist Epistemology.
- Howard Richards (Talca, Chile) – Economic Paradigms and the Thought of Bernard Lonergan. Peace and Global Studies; Visón de un mundo sin pbreza ni inseguridad (English); Dialogo Rosario, Argentina, La hora de la ética.
- Jim Morin (Talca, Chile) – Conscious intentionality as foundation for a transdisciplinary science. Bernard Lonergan: vida, obra, recepción.
- Adolfo Russo (Naples, Italy) – Closing Address: The Philosophical and Theological Significance of Bernard Lonergan for Academic Studies. Il pluralismo nel linguaggio religioso secundo Bernard Lonergan.
Viernes16 de mayo, 2008 – Asís.
Sábado 17 de mayo, 2008